I have a love-hate relationship with makeup. I have always had a significant interest in makeup from a young age. I remember I bought a cheap foundation from my local Woolworths/supermarket and spent about 30 minutes the following day applying it. Fast track 6 years, my makeup collection has come a long way, and I still haven’t been able to get a lot of things down packed.
Fortunately, I have followed excellent accounts like @blushbysharn, for instance. In September 2021, she posted reels that showcased many tips, tricks, and information that I wish I knew before buying the supermarket makeup 6 years back.
I am sure you guessed it by now, today’s post is brought to you in collaboration with Blush by Sharn, and together we hope to shed some light for the beginners in the makeup world. Check out @blushbysharn‘s reels I was talking about:
If you’re still with me, let’s get on with the post. I wish I knew all of those things before I started as well as:
- It is ok to something differently to what others are doing. If you peers are doing something different than you, that is ok as well.
- Don’t follow trends!! Majority are a big no no anyway
- Expensive makeup doesn’t nessecarily mean it is better.
- Colour match foundation to your neck not your face or hand
- Concelear can be a shade lighter but maybe colour corrector could help out first?
- Invest in a good makeup remvoing reigme that is religously followed by a skincare routine.
I wish I could go back to 16 year old me and teach her all the things that I know now. I guess that is life. To grow and learn and be better than you were through trial and error.
Until next time, as always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!