Hello my loveliessss!!!
As some of you may know, I am currently a university student. With the first semester coming to end and not having any compulsory university commitments during the winter term for the first time in 4 years, I have basically nothing to do with my life for the next 2 months.
This made me realise that I don’t have a work-life balance at all. I am either focused purely on university or purely on working, as one should be. However, my personal life is get little to no attention.
I had a conversation recently regarding this. This conversation made me realize that a work-life balance is subjective. That is, a work-life balance depends on each individual and it comes down to what is important to that individual.
So today’s post is a different one, it is a list questions and quotes to consider for determining your work-life balance. Well, it is a list of questions and quotes that I am considering for determining my work-life balance. As per usual, this is aimed at future me 🙂
Let’s get on to the post:
- Is work-life balance scheduling your day to every single 10 or 15 minute increment?
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Pinterest
- Is work-life balance only doing things that brings you joy?
- “You have to balance your passions, not your time.” – Pinterest
- Is work-life balance doing things because you have to?
- Is work-life balance doing things that your mentor does or suggest you to do?
- “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.” – Pinterest
- “When it comes to balance, you have been sold a bill of goods. It’s time to give yourself a break, embrace the life you have, and make adjustments that will allow you to grow in the areas that are crucial to your most important commitments as well as your happiness.” – Pinterest”
- Who are the people in your life that ‘deserves’ your free time?
- What happens if you run out of time?
- Is it selfish to focus on my own personal growth if it means that I turn down people, work, hobbies and/or people?
- Is it selfish to prioritize myself over others? This is where balance comes in…right?
To achieve anything requires hard work, as I said in my previous post. I am clearly just brainstorming about ways one would have a work-life balance. Maybe even thoughts that one would be having in order to have balance. I am genuinely confused on what I am to do for the next 2 months. I get told to have a break but what even is a break? 😦
Anyways, I hope this post sparks a thought for you as well. If you are comfortable to, comment below what it means to have a work-life balance for you. Don’t hesitate to email me and we can discuss this if you would like 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!!!
As always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!!
If you missed my previous post, you can click here 🙂