Today’s post is dedicated to the people in our lives who have minimal or no social etiquette. I have noticed that a lot of people who need to brush up on their social etiquette. I am just going to list a bunch of tips that EVERYONE can use.
DISCLAIMER: If there are any similarities between the list below and an encounter or encounters I have had with you then that is purely a coincidence. My aim with this post was not to personally attack anyone but to simply express some social etiquette that I personally find incredibly rude.
So let’s get on to the post:
- When you are faced with someone who likes to make a conversation and you would rather not, either cut the conversation short or let the person know nicely.
- If there comes a time where there is someone or group of people that you don’t want to be around or simply can’t handle then extract yourself from the situation.
- However, if they are both having a conversation and being around you and you want it to stop then let them know that you feel uncomfortable and you would like them to back away or take a step back and all.
- Similar to the previous points, if someone is pestering you, nicely let them know
- Now if you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup then let them know by the RSVP date.
- If you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup then let them know if you actually are going.
- Only say maybe if it depends on your work schedule or depends on whether or not you have transport or if your groups of friends are able to come.
- Just let the person who invited you to know about your situation
- If you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup then let them know if you have plans (confirmed or unconfirmed).
- If you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup and you say something along the lines of I will let you know or let’s see, make sure to actually let them know.
- If you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup, don’t leave them hanging or ghost them. Reply to the information at least.
- If you get invited to an event, gathering or meetup and you rather go somewhere else or bring someone along, let the person know that you would like to go with that special someone or that you would already have plans to go with someone else.
- Whenever you notice someone take a few steps away from you, then respect the lowkey and subtle hint of ‘i like my personal space’.
- Just back up and pay attention to body language
- When you get a message or direct message and you don’t want to deal with the conversation, the person or you are just not up to it, simply don’t open the message until you are ready.
- Another thing you could do is say hey, I am not ready to talk about this, I need more time.
- When someone offers you food because they are eating and you are not, don’t take the food unless you are literally dying hungry.
- They asked you to be polite not because they actually want you to have the food.
- When someone has their phone or laptop on, don’t pick it up and use it
- Just in general, don’t use or even touch someone’s belongings without asking.
- When someone is talking to you and you are talking back (like actually having conversation) and all of a sudden you realize you cut them while they are talking, apologize for cutting them off and let them finish what they were saying.
- When making plans with someone, try to consider the mode of transport that a person has to take to get to you.
- If someone catches the bus, see if you can pick them up or see if there is a carpool that can.
- If someone drives constantly, see if they want a break and pick them up.
These are a few of the things that I personally find extremely rude and annoying. I do some of these myself and I try my best to not. Everyone does small things, either unknowingly or knowingly, that can be fairly rude. If this post is taken as offensive to anyone, I am sorry. That was not my aim with this post, it was simply just a form of public service.
DISCLAIMER: If there are any similarities between the list above and an encounter or encounters I have had with you then that is purely a coincidence. My aim with this post was not to personally attack anyone but to simply express some social etiquette that I personally find incredibly rude.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!!!
As always, thank you for being the Samosauce to my Garam Samosa!!!